Monday, June 16, 2008

Everyone is so good at updating! I'll take a crack at it. . .

Wow! I can't believe the last time I posted was so long ago. Time really has flown for me. Summer is here! Rachel graduated from High School and went to college all in the same week. :) She's up at BYU-I with Chelsea. They are roommates for the second block of the summer semester. Probably a recipe for disaster = too much fun, no studying. Ha! Katelyn and Garrett left the same day we took Rachel up to BYU. They have been spending time with all the cousins in Utah. We sure do miss them. Tanya and Tony are home slightly busy with Volleyball and Basketball open gyms (friends and t.v.)
This past weekend I had the privilege of going to Youth Conference with my ward. I was the substitute Young Women's leader. It was so fun! We camped at the Temple Hill Resort, right next to the Manti Temple. They got to play games with all the kids in the Stake, go swimming, clear the weeds from around trees and bush's on the hill by the Temple. While they were weeding they discovered all kinds of creepy crawlies, a snake, a sheep skull complete with teeth and a huge jack rabbit! Then they goofed off and took pictures. I had never been to the Manti pageant and it was so awesome! The spirit was strong throughout the pageant. Wonderful!! I would love to take the rest of my family. The YW/YM were a little disturbed by the protesters and wanted to set them straight, but we explained to them that we didn't need to confront them, just let them be. Once the pageant started the protesters were forgotten. The weather was a little cold at night (below 45) but it warmed up nicely by 9 am. I think the youth in my ward got to know each other better and meet new people in the stake. Fun, fun, fun!! I'll post some picture soon. :)

No comments: